We came across this awesome hummingbird on her nest yesterday. Although her tree hasn’t leafed out yet, she was quite well camouflaged with the surrounding bark. It’s nice to see spring starting.
I was just thinking about climate diversity and how seasons have a significantly different meaning for different climates.
1) Several thousand year old Bristlecone pine tree growing at high elevation and under harsh seasonal extremes.
2) Low elevation deciduous forest with mind seasons.
3) Tropical rainforest with little seasonal variations.
I was looking at photographs tonight thinking about all the variety of animals out there. Even within a sub group of animas like reptiles, I find it amazing how varied they are to best function in their respective environments.
1) Gold Dust Day Gecko, Kauai Hawaii
2) Nile Crocodile, Grumeti River, Tanzania
3) Flap-Necked-Chameleon, Tarangire, Africa
4) Mwanza Flat-Headed Rock Agama, Serengeti
5) Green sea turtle, Oahu Hawaii